Making Safeguarding Personal
Covid – 19 information
- Safeguarding Adults Coronavirus posters for electronic distribution and/or display within your organisation
- Information from Trading Standards/ Friends Against Scams regarding staying safe and awareness of scams
- Easy-Read information from Public Health England regarding Coronavirus [PDF]
- Safeguarding Adults/ Covid-19 Advice for professionals relating to social isolation [PDF]
- Nottinghamshire County Council - https://www.nottinghamshire.gov.uk/care/coronavirus
- Domestic Abuse Support - Safelives.org.uk
- Ann Craft Trust - https://www.anncrafttrust.org/blog/
- The Department of Health and Social Care’s Twitter page - updated daily at 2pm.
- NHS information – the first port of call for the public.
- Latest Government information and advice for the public.
- Public Health England Blog for the public - coronavirus what you need to know.
- Government travel advice for those travelling and living overseas.
- Latest Corona Virus guidelines translated into 20 different languages.
- Government Safeguarding and DBS factsheet for community volunteers
- Provider Corner Information and Resources Relating to COVID19
Factsheets / leaflets
Download our three awareness posters:
Easy read guidance
These documents provide information in an easy read format for people with learning disabilities:
- safeguarding adults [PDF]
- adult abuse (safeguarding) easy read guide
- adult abuse (types of abuse) easy read guide
- adult abuse safeguarding process – easy read guide.
QA Validation Scheme
NSAB has a Safeguarding Training Quality Assurance Scheme to support your organisations to quality assure their introductory level safeguarding adults training content.
Safeguarding Board Partner Organisations
If your organisation has a representative on the Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Adults Board (NSAB) then there is a requirement for your introductory level safeguarding training to be quality assured and validated by the Board.
For Organisations that are not Board Partners
For any other organisation in Nottinghamshire or Nottingham City, please see the attached checklist [PDF] that can be used to assure yourselves that your introductory level Safeguarding Adults training is up to date and meets minimum requirements agreed by NSAB and NCSAB.
This checklist can also be used as a means to assure yourselves of the suitability of any training you may buy in.
The checklist will be kept under review by the Learning and Development Sub-Group in consultation with NSAB.
Please note that when you have used this checklist, this does not enable you to include the NSAB / NCSAB logos on your training materials, However, you may use the following statement:
Our training materials include all the recommended content included within the 'Training Content Checklist' provided annually by NSAB/NCSAB.
The NSAB meets regularly. Please see the minutes from previous meetings:
- 12 April 2018 [PDF]
- 11 January 2018 [PDF]
- 12 October 2017 [PDF]
- 13 July 2017 [PDF]
- 20 April 2017 [PDF]
- 12 January 2017 [PDF]
- 13 October 2016 [PDF]
- 14 July 2016 [PDF]
- 14 April 2016 [PDF]
- 14 January 2016 [PDF]
- 8 October 2015 [PDF]
- 9 July 2015 [PDF]
- 16 April 2015 [PDF]
- 15 January 2015 [PDF]
- 10 July 2014 [PDF]
- 22 May 2014 [PDF]
- 10 April 2014 [PDF]
- 9 January 2014[PDF].
The NSAB is required to put together a Strategic Plan under the Care Act. This is a three-year plan which is reviewed and updated annually.
- Strategic Plan 2018-21 Year One [PDF]
- Strategic Plan 2018-21 Year Two [PDF]
- Prevention Strategy[PDF].