Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Adults Board Meeting – 5 October 2023 Summary
8 November 2023
- The Board met in person on 5 October 2023.
- The Board Manager confirmed that the Board’s Annual Report has now been drafted and sent for final proof-reading. Work is being undertaken to analyse data and the completed Partner Assurance Tools, but the Report is on target for completion and publication.
- The Board Manager provided a brief report on the initial analysis which has taken place on the completed Partner Assurance Tools. Full analysis will have taken place by the Board’s Development Day which takes place in January.
- The Board Manager outlined the plan for Safeguarding Adults Week which takes place in November, including a number of events which will be offered.
- Updates were provided in relation to the recent work of the Communications Sub-Group, the Learning and Development Sub-Group, the Quality Assurance Sub-Group (including Safeguarding Data), and the Safeguarding Adults Review Sub-Group
- A representative of Nottinghamshire Police gave a presentation to update the Board on various aspects, including “Right Care, Right Person” and the “Vision of the New Chief Constable”.
- A representative of Nottinghamshire Police spoke to the Board to gather support from the Board on work to review Domestic Homicide Reviews and draw out themes.
- A representative of Nottinghamshire Police updated the Board on the Prevention Hub and its work.
- A representative of the Integrated Care Board provided an update on the work of the Closed Culture Task and Finish Group set up following the Panorama Report on Edenfield.
- Various agencies provided updates to the Board on “Winter Readiness” and the plans in place to mitigate against pressures.