Nottinghamshire Safeguarding Adults Board Domestic Abuse Webinar
18 August 2020
Following a successful pilot, NSAB is pleased to announce we will be holding another webinar, entitled Domestic Abuse: Safeguarding Adults in the Covid-19 Pandemic which will take place on 2nd September 2020 at 10-11.30am via MS Teams.
Presented in conjunction with partners from Womens Aid, Equation, and Nottinghamshire Sexual Violence Support Services, and aimed at front line practitioners who are supporting adults in Nottinghamshire and are likely to come into contact with survivors and may make a safeguarding adults referral and/or enquiries.
The objectives for this event are to enable delegates:
- Gain an understanding of how the prevalence and reporting of domestic abuse has changed during the pandemic.
- Explore how adults with care and support needs experience differing risks and impacts of domestic abuse.
- Increase awareness of the indicators of abuse and the barriers to accessing support.
- Explore national and local responses to domestic abuse during the pandemic.
- Consider the implications of the Domestic Abuse Bill and its implications for survivors and professionals.
- Explore and develop best practice in relation to supporting survivors of domestic abuse.
Places are limited, so if you would like to attend, please Book online at Eventbrite